It’s inevitable. We are all getting older. In fact, as I type, I am getting older and SO ARE YOU! How does that make you feel? Ha Ha!! Just kidding. Well, kind of. I have come to this realization very strongly this week…
- while at the grocery store, the young(er) cashier called me “ma’am”.
- after being on the floor with the kids, I had to use two hands to get myself up.
- bought Preparation H to use on my crow’s feet–don’t ask me, my mother-in-law recommended.
- after drinking coffee through the night at work, I could not sleep. the entire day.
- at basketball games I am nervous going up and down the bleachers in front of people.
- my girls asked me if I was really going to wear that?
- before a shopping trip whether groceries or otherwise, my first stop is a bathroom.
- steve and I look forward to watching the news together in bed.
- comfy versus stylish has now become a question
- at least a two day recovery turn-around after I work a night shift (perhaps it’s the coffee?)
- home before 10 pm after a night out with friends
- contemplating cutting bangs for the first time in years to cover up forehead wrinkles
And maybe the biggest sign that we are aging…
We looked forward to a day at the doctor’s office. A date. Doctor’s office. Chipotle. Starbucks. And knee surgery scheduled. What a blast! Guessing our next “date”–surgery day, will be a bit more fun for me than it will be for Steve.
Knee surgery makes it sound wayyyy bad. It’s not that bad. He just tweaked it somehow many months ago and will require a scope and “cleaning out”. So don’t feel too sorry for him. This has changed our lives hugely. We love to
walk and work out together. Both of which we have not been able to do in awhile. And really, when it comes right down to it, the times we get to do those things together are some of our best times. It’s the one thing we carve out daily to do together. And I miss it. A lot. So, if surgery day is our next date? So be it. I know we’re getting old. And really? I kind of like it…